baby

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I failed :(

My OB office called yesterday and apparently I have failed the 1-hour Glucose Tolerance test :(
They like to see levels at 140 or less and mine came back at 170. I even fasted for it so that we wouldn't have this issue!! I'm quite disappointed in myself right now and very scared for the next round of testing. I have to go back in sometime this week to do the 3-hour glucose test and if I fail that one as well they will consider me High Risk again and categorize me as having Gestational Diabetes.

I know there is nothing I can do about it now, and really this is just something I have to deal with but I'm still very stressed and sad about the whole ordeal. I've been put on a semi-strict diet before I take the test again to see if that helps and then they will re-evaluate the situation after they receive my next round of results.

Prayers are appreciated :)

No comments: