baby

Monday, April 26, 2010

The cat has been let out of the bag :P

My birthday is in exactly 2 weeks and while usually I despise my bday (it never turns out very good), this year I have been hoping for a different outcome! My very first Mother's Day is the day before and with baby E who could not enjoy a birthday. He makes every day so wonderful for me that it is only certain that I will enjoy my b-day this year :)

Well me and DH were shopping at Nordstrom earlier last week and walked past the Coach handbags (my long time love :P) and I stopped to just take a peek at them. I saw one I really liked and DH said he would buy it but that's all I was getting. I laughed and said maybe cause in reality I really don't need another Coach purse. THEN we walked past the Coach store and I had to just go see what other styles they had out in that pattern. I ended up liking a bit bigger one better (the blue pocket hobo), but also saw the pink groovy bag that was a bit smaller and maybe more manageable with E. All of a sudden DH asks the salesperson if they have any diaper bags ( I asked for when while PG and he said "No way in hell!"). So she brings the only one they had...and I loved it! But it was way expensive so I told DH he could buy me whatever he wanted, I just wanted him to put effort and thought into it. I told him several times during the week he didn't have to get me anything from there cause I felt guilty about secretly (or not so secretly lol) wanting such expensive gifts.

SO we went shopping Sunday ( we shop a lot I know!!), and lo and behold we're at a NEW Coach store. Again, I look at the bags, then DH asks me to step outside with E (obvious much lol). After what seemed like forever he comes out with a big smile and a big box wrapped up. We start walking and he says do you want to know now or later. I told him I didn't care but he was just too excited and proud of himself that he blurts out he bought me ALL THREE for my bday!! The man is INSANE! But very sweet <3 I am so spoiled, and so very lucky :)

I know he was just trying to make me happy and give me a special Mother's Day/ Birthday and I love that. He is just about to get a promotion and I know that he's feeling so good about himself after all the BS we've gone through the last 12 months so I just didn't have the heart to give him grief for spending so much on me. Plus what girl doesn't like to get fancy purses ;P

No comments: