baby

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Disappointment and Vanity

I've been on the prowl the last two weeks for a new/additional job to help the hubs with the bills, especially with my new car. I found one gig that I was hired for- but it's very few hours and a little on the far side. So I figured I'd take it but continue my search.

The other day this guy emailed me about a nanny gig for his family, so I interviewed with them today. LOVED THEM! They were like the perfect family for me to work for. Awesome parents, great kids, felt totally comfortable with them, and they even wanted me to bring E with me at least once a week! How cool?!?! I thought things went really well and was pretty confident they'd pick me- I was wrong :( I got a call a few hours later, like they had said they would, and was told they went with another gal, but they really liked me and wanted to keep my # in case it didn't work out with her. Slap in the face much??

I've NEVER had this happen before! I know it sounds vain, but kids is what I am good at. It's pretty much all I've ever done, besides my few years in the mortgage industry and my work at the hospital. I've always been the go to gal when it came to childcare, so for me to not get a job it's a huge kill to the ego. I feel like a moron but I wanna email the family and ask why they didn't choose me (FYI I SO will not to that!). I was very respectful and polite when they told me, and tried to hide the hurt in my voice as best as possible. I guess it's such a let down cause I really, really liked them too. They seemed like such great people and it was like an instant connection.

Guess I was wrong :(

No comments: