baby

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First day on the job!

It was amazing! Corny I know, but I truly feel like I am fulfilling this longing I have been having to work as a nurse. Now I know I am not a full RN yet but to me this is a HUGE step. I have always been a nanny and worked as someone's admin assistant so being in the medical field is so new to me.


The facility I am working at is giving me one 12 hour over-night shift to start with. The kicker? I am all ALONE during the shift after my training is complete. THAT'S why I feel so psyched about it all. Normally in an Adult Family Home there is more than one nurse there, but since we are such a small facility there's no need. We have 6 wonderful ladies that are patients, and they do pretty thorough training so that you are competent in your skills.

I will be taking my state exams for my NAR (Nursing Assistant- Registered) and Nurse Delegation next week. I am very focused on getting through my schooling as quickly as possible so I am trying my hardest to push myself to the next level and go above and beyond what they are expecting of me. I am also utilizing the other nurses that are working there and picking their brains :) They have been great about telling me what schools are best, which program I should do and what not.

I am just so giddy over this opportunity and can't wait to see where it takes me!!!

1 comment:

Keri Elizabeth said...

WOO!! I'm so happy and excited for you girl!!! I wish you all the luck and can't wait to hear about your next day of work! Keep it up and you'll get to fulfill your dream in no time!