baby

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I am motivated!!

I have failed miserably at my attempts to lose weight since I came home from AZ in December :(

I hate the way I look. I feel like this fat ugly blob and am so uncomfortable in my own skin. It's quite embaressing and to be honest I am starting to get depressed about it. So I am making it a point to buckle down and lose this weight!! I am first going to start trying to lose the extra weight I gained while pregnant with E (which is about 25 lbs still) and then I will set a new set of goals for the rest.

I am going home in May (hopefully) and I can't bear the thought of looking like this still when I see everyone. So to my dear followers I am asking you for your best dieting tip! HELP ME LOOK NORMAL AGAIN :)

Right now I am cutting out as much carbs as I can ( no sweets since I gave it up for lent, and no breads or pastas), limiting my soda intake ( I am aiming for no soda but I'm only human so I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time) to 1 a day and it must be diet. I walk with E at least 30 min on the days it's nice out and have been going to the gym at least 3x/ week for an hour but that has been kinda hard since I've been working more, so hopefully that goes back to normal soon.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You have to remember to take it one day at a time. Instead of saying I want to lose 25 pounds, say I want to lose 2 lbs this week. Once you achieve your goal, set a new goal.

Concentrate on your positive aspects. I know how you feel, I gained 90lbs with my son and I used to feel disgusting. Although you may feel like a " fat ugly blob", don't say it out loud and don't focus on being overweight. I know it sounds silly, but this actually works. Think about all of your good qualities. Maybe you have a great smile, beautiful hair or some other feature. Look in the mirror and say God, I have great hair. Again, this sounds silly but it will help. Focusing on the positives will give you a more overall positive feeling/outlook about yourself and working out won't seem like such a horrible chore.

Livestrong.com is a great tool to use. You are able to track the foods you eat daily and it calculates the % of calories, fat, carbs, ect. This will help you become more aware of the changes you will need to make. They also have a forum of great members. You can ask health and fitness questions and several people will respond. This site used to be thedailyplate.com, which is when I joined. I used this daily and lost 30pounds by tracking my food.

Walking 30 min a day is great! Carbohydrates can be a controversial topic, believe it or not. lol I have PCOS and my doctors recommend South Beach Style for the rest of my life. I lost a lot following the guidelines. You don't want to cut out all carbs just simple carbs. Complex carbs will actually help you lose weight.

Jenni said...

I agree with Jennifer about the goal setting- I realize you want to lose 25lbs, but thats alot to carry on your shoulders. This is what helped me and continues to help me.
set small goals of, okay I will only drink one soda a day for a week, then every other day and so on, then reset your thinking to I want to lose 6 lbs by March 30th. You have to be realistic. Stick with cardio for right now, strength training can come later. Push yourself, push your body, believe me, when you think you can;t handle it anymore YOU CAN! Go that extra step or mile.. :0) by the time May comes it may not be 25lbs but it could be 10 - or 15.. and keep going.. Once you reach that big goal, treat yourself to a massage, or some new clothes because by then your clothes will be falling off and what a great feeling that is!!
Good luck.. :0)