baby

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I am finally making so headway!

My dream career is to be an RN. I was SO close to entering the RN program a few years back but got nervous and dropped out. Can you say STUPID?!?!?!!

Now that I have a family I know now more than ever I need to get my rear in gear and get my degree so I can provide a stable life for my child and future children. We want at least 1-2 more kids and we can't do that with the way we are living now so things NEED to change. 

I have been on a mission the last few weeks trying to get my ducks in a row for the upcoming quarter and seeing about getting a job in the medical field. Kinda hard when your not certified. But THANKFULLY a nursing home close to me posted an ad on craigslist about needing a CNA and didn't need them to be certified. There were other steps you needed to follow for the job so that they could get around the certification issue and I had almost all of them so I applied!

I interviewed with the gal last week and she had already hired someone but was still looking at her options. When I left I was kinda bummed but held on to hope since she said she could very well call me in a few weeks with an opening. 

Then today when I got off work my MIL said she called :) She offered to start me on training, let me do one 12 hour night shift a week until I finish my certification and then we would talk about adding one 12 hour day shift a week!! Although it's not much I feel like it's some kind of step in the direction I want to be in. I can get some experience that I really need, plus earn money for school, and get time to study for classes. I really hope this works for me!

2 comments:

Keri Elizabeth said...

YAY!!! This is awesome news for you!!! Im so excited for you!! Being a CNA in a nursing home is super demanding and a little hard but I know you can handle it! Can't wait to hear about your first day! When do you start exactly??

Sheena said...

I am so proud of you girly!!! I took a bunch of time off school and when I finally went back I thought it would take forever, but now two more classes to go and I am DONE!!! It will fly by so fast, especially with a little one to run after. Love you!