baby

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My night has come!

Tonight will be my first night alone at the AFH (Adult Family Home)!


I'll backtrack a little....last Friday (amidst my horrific Dry Socket pain) the owner of the AFH called me to tell me they decided to let go of the other gal they trained the same time as me, and just keep me! Apparently, her and the shift managers thought that I would be better suited for the position and after my training on Monday I found out the other gal wasn’t very reliable. Now I knew from the get-go that she wasn’t too sure about her so I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised when she called. But I was  She offered me an extra night shift and said she wanted me to work my way to one day shift and one night shift- plus being on call. SCORE!

I never thought that I would like being in the AFH environment but I can honestly say I am really enjoying it :)Yes there are some “gross” parts of the job- but hey that’s nursing for you! Your bound to run into something that will gross you out at least a zillion times in your career lol. The ladies are such sweethearts and in the short time I have been there I have grown quite attached to them.

So wish my luck my dear followers and I will update after I get a few winks in tomorrow morning :P

No comments: