baby

Thursday, October 21, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 4-Your parents

My parents. Oh boy. What a subject. A HUGE part as to why my life can/was/is a roller coaster. And not just my adult life, teenage years were all sorts of special too. I like to believe that I BELIEVED my childhood was good. I don't remember too much fighting, and I have fun and happy memories of family vacations. So I don't think the drama was recognizable until I was older.

My parents are divorced. They split up the summer after I graduated High School and it has been a long. traumatic. horrific.ordeal every step of the way. There's been picking sides, checking up, dirty gossip the whole road to court and then some after. I hate it. I hated it when they were married and I hate it even more now that I am an adult. I've learned to just put my foot down and say that if I have to have a conversation regarding the other parent that lasts more than a minute I'm walking out/hanging up. Fun times.

I don't have many pictures of my parents as you can guess. The ones I have are only from when they are with E. Sad, huh?

My dad (paw paw) and E.
 I've been a daddy's girl my whole life. EVERYONE knows it too. I don't like the things my dad does/did but he's my dad and I'm his princess. If he has the power to do whatever I want/need he will make it happen. And I love him for that. I just wish the choices that were made we're better. He's dying and it could've been prevented and/or prolonged and it infuriates me. 

My mom (grandma) and E
Oh my mother. We butt heads more than any other mother/daughter combo I know. I'm more like her than I want to admit but it's true. I work like her, I act like her, I shop like her. The one thing I don't do it parent like her. She worked 24/7 while I was growing up so I NEVER saw her. I don't remember her coming to my school for things, she (or my dad) was rarely at my games. Neither came to my state cheerleading competition. It is what it is. I cried and was heartbroken, but I got over it. I know that she had to work to support us, but I can't lie and say I was/am resentful for her not being there for me. I feel like I got jipped in that whole mom/daughter bonding experience. We're working on it now though, and I am thankful for that. 

No comments: