baby

Friday, October 22, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 5-Your siblings

I love my sisters. And I miss them dearly. 

Me, Holly, and Sandy 

As you can see we look nothing alike lol. They are both from my dad's first marriage hence the paleness they both are rocking hahaha. Although they are my "half" sisters I never for one second have thought of them as anything less than my sisters. I didn't get to grow up with them unless my dad had them on the weekends or they were coming to visit but I remember some great times of them playing forts with me or taking me to get ice cream. 

As we grew older I became closer with my sister Sandy. She had a baby when I was 10 so I did a lot of babysitting. The average difference between us is 7 years so I think it was easier for her to tolerate me growing up lol jk. Holly is 10 years older than me and I loved her just as much but I do admit we didn't have the closeness until older when I could relate to things she was doing (marriage, babies, etc).

They both live in Chicago which sucks cause I never get to see them or my nieces and nephews. I really wish they would visit up here but hopefully sooner rather than later I will see them (and they will meet their nephew!) 

No comments: